Sr. Product Engineer- Electric Vehicles - Charlotte, NC
The Marmon HDT Research and Development Group works with the various business units of the Marmon Heavy Duty Transportation Group serving the heavy-duty commercial vehicle market. R&D engineers take a hands-on approach to existing and new product development from identifying the voice of the customer and ideation through design implementation and validation. Current emphasis is on developing emerging vehicle technologies including electrification and autonomous vehicles.
Ideal candidates thrive in an environment where they share responsibility in multiple projects and the nature of assigned tasks varies frequently.
· Propose and conduct research and development projects involving mechanical and electronic systems.
· Perform electrical/mechanical systems integration.
· Working knowledge of CANBUS.
· Working knowledge of vehicle system troubleshooting and diagnostics.
· Assist in creating design and testing requirements for new projects.
· Establish technical and practical feasibility by using solid engineering practices, including testing, research, and modeling.
· Work independently and alongside other members of the R&D department and external partners to develop proof-of-concept prototypes and minimally viable prototypes.
· Assist in performing in-lab and in-field testing.
· Create thorough and accurate documentation of new tools, processes, progress, and test results.
· Problem-solve when unexpected results arise.
· Propose new designs and/or modifications based off testing experience and data from relevant performance tests.
· Identify gaps in technical knowledge and seek input from others on projects assigned or seek appropriate training.
· Maintain a clean and safe working environment and adhere to all safety procedures.
· Perform other design engineering work as needed in the department.
· Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Electrical or relevant Engineering curriculum.
· Advanced degree in Mechanical, Electrical, or relevant Engineering curriculum preferred.
· Experience with CAD software
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· Strong troubleshooting skills
· Experience with code development.
· Self-motivated and works independently or as an integral part of a team as required.
· Excellent Microsoft office skills (Word, Excel, Electrical PowerPoint)
· Hybrid work schedule supported with home office in Charlotte, NC
· Position will be based at, and work with, Fontaine Modification Company.
· 5+ years professional experience preferred
Please respond with cover letter and resume. Your cover letter should describe your background and whatever experience you may have. It should also include three clearly defined reasons why you should be considered for this position.
Apply At: https://www.fontainemodification.com/careers
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all applicants will be considered for employment without attention to their membership in any protected class.