Software Engineer- Electric Vehicles - Charlotte, NC
The Marmon HDT Research and Development Group works with the various business units of the Marmon Heavy Duty Transportation Group serving the heavy-duty commercial vehicle market. R&D engineers take a hands-on approach to existing and new product development from identifying the voice of the customer and ideation through design implementation and validation. Current emphasis is on developing emerging vehicle technologies including electrification and autonomous vehicles.
This position will primarily develop the software necessary for the system integration of electric vehicles. Ideal candidates thrive in an environment where they share responsibility in multiple projects and the nature of assigned tasks vary frequently.
· Identify, propose, and conduct research and development projects involving electric vehicle systems.
· Software and control system development for system integration.
· Software support for system integration.
· Embedded firmware development for various vehicle controllers.
Smart Component Development and Integration
· Develop embedded firmware for sensor-based data acquisition and proof-of-concept devices.
· Develop techniques and embedded firmware for devices utilizing embedded sensor for part health and predictive maintenance.
· Design firmware/software architecture for new projects.
· Manage outside development groups to produce firmware/software as needed.
· Assist in creating design and testing requirements for new projects.
· Bachelor’s or Advanced degree in Engineering (Electrical, Computer Engineering, Computer Science).
· Simulink/Matlab proficiency.
· Experience in electric vehicle systems and architecture.
· Experience with code development (Python or C++ preferred).
· Experience with CANBUS communications.
· Some experience with embedded applications and sensors preferred.
· Experience with CAD software.
· Hybrid work schedule supported with home office in Charlotte, NC
· Position will be based at, and work with, Fontaine Modification Company.
· 3+ years professional experience preferred
Please respond with cover letter and resume. Your cover letter should describe your background and whatever experience you may have. It should also include three clearly defined reasons why you should be considered for this position.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all applicants will be considered for employment without attention to their membership in any protected class.