Operations Manager - Laredo, TX
At Fontaine Modification, we focus on design and manufacture of innovative solutions for Truck Manufacturers, Dealers, and Commercial Truck Users worldwide. We fill the niche between what the OEM Truck chassis builders can produce in their manufacturing plants and what the market needs for the wide variety of fleet and vocational truck applications. Fontaine’s long history of providing innovative and custom engineered solutions in an environment of integrity, customer responsiveness, quality and superior workmanship has made us the recognized leader in the industry for over forty years.
Fontaine's Laredo, TX production facility has a tremendous opportunity for a qualified individual to join us in the position of Operations Manager. This position ultimately manages the entire operation including labor planning, production scheduling, quality oversight, process improvement, supply ordering and all other items required for successful day to day production. With strong interpersonal and leadership skills, the goal will be to efficiently grow our business of post-production modifications.
The Operations Manager will report to the Director of Operations for our Laredo, TX / Statesville, NC facilities and will be responsible for the following job functions:
· Plan, direct, and control all activities of the facility.
· Hire, train and develop staff to maximize safety, on-time delivery, and operational efficiency.
· Drive continuous improvement with focus on Quality, Safety, Delivery, Cost, Morale.
· Establish and strengthen relationships with business partners and customers to grow the business.
· Maintain financial oversight and reporting of the location.
· Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
· Engineering, Accounting, Business, Management skills
· Leadership skills
- Coach and mentor for all aspects of a production facility
- Experience managing a staff of 75 or more people
- Prior leadership experience given strong consideration
· Decisive, self-motivated, with high energy and an engaging level of enthusiasm
· High level of integrity and work ethic
· Good communication and interpersonal skills
· Mechanical aptitude
· Our business is trucks. Having a general mechanical knowledge and interest in trucks and mechanical vehicles is extremely beneficial.
· Lean Daily Management experience is an advantage
We offer a competitive salary, a complete benefits package including medical insurance coverage and a 401(k) plan. Fontaine is a member of the Marmon Group / Berkshire Hathaway family of companies.
Please respond with cover letter and resume. Your cover letter should describe your background and whatever experience you may have. It should also include three clearly defined reasons why we you should be considered for this position.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all applicants will be considered for employment without attention to their membership in any protected class.