Operations Manager - Charlotte, NC
At Fontaine Modification, we focus on design and manufacture of innovative solutions for Truck Manufacturers, Dealers, and Commercial Truck Users worldwide. We fill the niche between what the OEM Truck chassis builders can produce in their manufacturing plants and what the market needs for the wide variety of fleet and vocational truck applications. Fontaine’s long history of providing innovative and custom engineered solutions in an environment of integrity, customer responsiveness, quality and superior workmanship has made us the recognized leader in the industry for over forty years.
Fontaine's Charlotte, NC production facility has a tremendous opportunity for a qualified individual to join us in the position of Operations Manager. Fontaine is looking for an individual with strong interpersonal and leadership skills to oversee the entire operation and efficiently grow production of a variety of post-production modifications.
The Operations Manager will report to the Sr. Operations Manager for our Charlotte, NC facility and will be responsible for the following job functions:
· Plan, direct, and control all activities of the facility.
· Hire, train and develop staff to maximize safety, on-time delivery, and operational efficiency.
· Continuous improvement focus on LEAN principles as well as Quality, Safety, Delivery, Cost and
· Establish and strengthen relationships with partners and customers to grow the
· Maintain financial oversight and reporting of the location.
The Operations Manager ultimately manages the entire operation including labor planning, production scheduling, quality oversight, process improvement, supply ordering and all other items required for successful day to day production.
· Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
· Engineering, Accounting, Business, Management
· Leadership skills
· Coach and mentor for all aspects of a production facility
· Experience managing a staff of 40 or more people
· Prior leadership experience given strong consideration
· Decisive, self-motivated, with high energy and an engaging level of enthusiasm
· High level of integrity and work ethic
· Good communication and interpersonal skills
· Mechanical aptitude
· Our business is trucks. Having a general mechanical knowledge and interest in trucks and
mechanical vehicles is extremely beneficial.
· Production and supervisory experience
· Lean Daily Management experience
We offer a competitive salary, a complete benefits package including medical insurance coverage and a 401(k) plan. Fontaine is a member of the Marmon Group / Berkshire Hathaway family of companies.
Please respond with cover letter and resume. Your cover letter should describe your background and whatever experience you may have. It should also include three clearly defined reasons why you should be considered for this position.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all applicants will be considered for employment without attention to their membership in any protected class.